Saturday, September 02, 2006

Lollipop girl


Ah, memories of going to those old-fashioned candy shops where huge jars were filled with colourful candies of all kinds! My favourite flavour was always CHOCOLATE! Barring that, my second choice would be... CHOCOLATE! Or orange or lemon or cinnamon but don't tease me with the cruel pointlessness of grape, mint, cherry or banana. I am happy to say that in my adulthood my palate has become more refined over time. Now I'm quite content with exotic scents of cardamom and ginger and plums and blueberries. Oh, and CHOCOLATE!

3 comments:

veronika said...

Check this link out!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5264566.stm

Claudia Davila (Fran) said...

Man, I really hope they didn't use that chocolate for human consumption afterwards!!

Another good link to check out, about how much chocolate is made using child slave labour... it's a cruel irony, and yet more reason to choose fair trade chocolate!

j. said...

Oh, I loved Cinnamon as a kid. And any candy that had the simulated flavour of soda pop!

Now that I'm all grown up and don't eat candy anymore I would look for those same flavours in a martini! If there is a cinnamon martini out ther please send it my way!

j.